Full disclosure: I was not planning on making two cheap-o product recommendations today. Variety is the spice of life, and I aim to be the vindaloo of beauty blogs (because, you know, curries contain a mixture of spices, and something something spicy variety, this metaphor is rapidly spiraling out of my control).
Point being, I am not a one-trick pony, and I can do more than just review products. Occasionally, those products might even cost more than $7. But we’re doubling up on the drugstore goodies today, mainly because I just caught a glimpse of my fabulous self in the bathroom mirror at my office.
I haven’t touched up my lipstick in three freaking hours. And I just drank a coffee! The color payoff and long wear of CoverGirl LipPerfection Lipstick is beyond phenomenal. Here I’m wearing shade 405, which is called Fairytale. It’s a slightly coral-y bright pink and looks like something Barbie would wear to go rollerblading in 1993, because, like, it totally matches her patterned crop top and high-waisted spandex shorts. I’d say the color is pretty similar to Revlon’s Lip Butter in Sweet Tart, but slightly more orange-based and waaaaaaaaaay more pigmented.
And here are the deets on this look, in case you want to be awesome and like me and jack my swag:
- Using a Sephora retractable lip brush, I applied CoverGirl LipPerfection lipstick in 405 (Fairytale).
- Brows were achieved using e.l.f. eyebrow duo with a small angled brush.
- I used the tester of MAC Mineralize Concealer in NC20 at Nordstrom on my lunch break; I think it’s reading a bit yellow on me, but the texture is fantastic for under eyes. I also applied it around my nose to cover a bit of redness and on a spot on my chin.
- I applied MAC Extra Dimension highlighting powder in Definitely Defined on my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose.
- I applied NARS blush in Albatross on my eyelids using a MAC 217 brush.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Eyeliner in Trooper–I’m definitely going to do a separate review for this product, because I’m obsessed; it’s a rich carbon black that applies sooo smooooothly and wears forever and ever and ever. This is the eyeliner I would wear to a rave, because even through dancing and sweating and rolling on mollie, this product would still be going strong.
- I received a sample of this MUFE Smokey Extravagant Mascara, and while the formula isn’t quite to my taste, I think anyone who likes the brush and consistency of Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Lashes would enjoy this product.
- This blog isn’t about clothes, but whatevs. Peter Pan Collar Silk Blouse, Everlane. Cashmere Sweater, Everlane (no longer offered online).
I was also considering doing a hair tutorial for this look. I call it loose-curls-messy-bun-with-hairline-braid. I’m not very inventive when it comes to naming conventions.
So what does the court of public opinion have to say? Hair tutorial: yay or nay?